Wednesday, 5 September 2012

DIY: Cute Dry Wipe Board

I saw this wonderful idea on Pinterest: http://www.jillruth.com/2011/08/table-runners-live-on.html of making a DIY dry wipe board with a pretty frame and burlap.
I love the burlap but couldn't find it anywhere in Carmarthen town and I'm to impatient to order online and wait for it to be delivered...

Anyhow, I loved the idea and my sister and I are slowly going through our bedroom and making it prettier. Our theme is vintage duck egg blue and chocolate brown, the walls aren't all painted yet but we're working on it.

So I trudged through the bargain store and found some lovely wallpaper in the right colour with a pretty gold tree design that I really love for £7.99 and got a pretty gold frame from Wilkinson for £5.49. I cut the wallpaper to size and put it in the frame, and voila a cute DIY dry wipe board that looks infinitely better than an ugly white board!
I tied a dry wipe pen to some twine and tied it onto the frame at the back so we have a pen to hand.


I plan on using the same wallpaper on a flat baking sheet to make a magnetic bulletin board so I'll blog about that once it's done!

What do you think? Would you make one of these? x

How much did this cost to make? £15.47 (But the wallpaper will last for tons more projects!)
How long did it take? Not long at all... About 10 minutes maybe...
Difficulty rating: 1/5

1 comment:

  1. Looks so good on your wall too, I love it so much I might make one!

    ReplyDelete