Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Reviving Beauty by Jackie Clark

Okay, so I know this blog has been neglected for a while... Let me explain. I left college, I left because I want to start my own Face Painting Business (Little Masterpiece Facepainting) and being in college was just an unnecessary distraction, I wasn't enjoying it and I wasn't getting the opportunity to do what I needed to do. Please take a look at my website www.littlemasterpiece.co.nr I'm also on Facebook at Little Masterpiece Facepainting and on Twitter @MasterpieceFP Anyway, that's enough about that, back onto the blog.

I was contacted by the lovely Jackie Clark who does outreach for the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance, a leading web resource for mesothelioma cancer. She asked if she could write a guest post for my blog and I was delighted to accept her offer! Just the thing to revive my blog and help so many women realise their worth.

Jackie is passionate about this subject, and I love how she wants women to realise how wonderful we are. She spoke in her email to me about this:

"Women are powerful beings and WE need to realise it! Sadly, many women are hearing those devastating words 'You have cancer.' Despite a cancer diagnosis, women can still feel beautiful in their own skin. Fashion is a wonderful way to feel strong and confident. I would like to share the reality of cancer and how women can say 'YES, I have cancer, but I am no less beautiful than I was before my diagnosis.'"


I didn't really know what Mesothelioma Cancer was when she contacted me, however I do know of the devastating effects of Cancer in general. For those of you who don't know, Mesothelioma Cancer is an aggressive cancer affecting the membrane lining of the lungs and abdomen. It's commonly associated with contact to asbestos and although an uncommon disease it is no longer considered rare. 

So on with Jackie's wonderful post...
--

Reviving Beauty
By: Jackie Clark

Cancer is something that swipes your feet out from underneath you. It can make you feel as though your whole world has come to an end. If you are in a place where you are feeling tired and worn, beauty might be the last thing on your mind. While feeling beautiful might be the last thing on your mind; there are plenty of reasons why you should give it at least a little bit of priority. Beauty is something that many women aspire to, and the truth is that every woman is beautiful. This is something that help you with your recovery in ways that you could never have imagined before.

Beauty is something that means that you are taking care of yourself. It reflects the fact that you considered your needs and you were able to meet them. When it comes to defeating mesothelioma cancer or any of the other cancers that women are prone to, self-care is one of the most important things that you can commit to. Allow your inner beauty to shine forth when you are considering how you can move forward with what you want to do.

When you want to look beautiful regardless of what your cancer prognosis might be. It is time for you to think about how you are going to get ahead with your beauty regimen. First, start with makeup. Makeup is small and portable, allowing you to bring it everywhere with you. If you find yourself stuck in a lot of waiting rooms, if you need a distraction or if you're just spending a lot of time at home, whip out your makeup kit and start playing with it. This is something that can make you feel better as you put on a new face. Experiment with new and interesting makeup choices or take the time and purchase your old favorites.

Next, remember that you can soften up a severe look very easily simply by taking the time to throw on a shawl, a ruana or a scarf. Lots of soft fabrics offer a wonderfully tactile element to your look, so consider what you are looking for in terms of color and material. If you want something that you can throw on and off as necessary, use your favorite fabrics to create a wonderful look to go out and about or to stay in. The more fabric you have on, the more varied your look will be.

Also don’t forget the joy of accessories. Throw on your favorite earrings, pendants and bracelets and just watch your look change. You’ll look livelier, more energetic and more put together, and you know that you’ll feel that way too!

This is the time to change your life for the better, and you’ll discover that with a little bit of work, this kind of beauty is yours. 

--

Jackie has another wonderful post on the Mesothelioma Alliance blog, check it out:
http://www.mesothelioma.com/blog/authors/jackie/the-healing-power-of-feeling-beautiful.htm

For more information about Mesothelioma Cancer, go to: http://www.mesothelioma.com/

Your life can go on...



No comments:

Post a Comment