Saturday, 19 November 2011

Tutorial: M84 Flashbang

Since Call of Duty MW3 (Modern Warfare 3, for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about) came out this month, I wanted to create a makeup tutorial based on it... Ridiculously nerdy, I know... Of course, MW3 was out, I bought it the day of release and it distracted me from my blog. For this I apologise.
So, the game came out just under two weeks ago and I decided now is the time... Since my brother is hogging his xBox and my game...

Also, on a side note, this is to keep those of you who follow my blog for the makeup happy, because I will be uploading a MW3 Campaign Walkthrough when I get a chance, and that really won't interest you non-gamers.

Anyway, this is what I came up with...


These pictures are so much better than my previous ones because I'm borrowing a Canon EOS 450D from a friend, I'm in love with it and he may not get it back for a while... but that's the reason anyway.

Products Used: 
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 Light Vanilla
Collection 2000 Pressed Powder in Ivory
L'Oreal Bare Natural Blush
M&S Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Brown
ELF Eyelid Primer
MUA Professional Trio in Eden
Eyeko Line and Shine Duo Pencil in Superstar Eyes
Sleek iDivine Palette in Graphite
VIVO Eyeshadow Trio in Be-Dazzled
Collection 2000 Smokey Eyes Kit
Beauty UK Eyeshadow Collection
ELF Cream Eyeliner in Black
Rimmel 3 in 1 Mascara
Eyeko Fat Balm in Raspberry


Move out!

Start with your usual foundation routine, primer and define your brows.


Take a khaki green shade over your eyelid, I used the medium shade from MUA Pro's Eden Trio.


Use a dark eyeliner pencil to create a cut crease guideline, don't worry about the colour of this, you won't see it later. 


Take a black eyeshadow, whether it's shimmery or matte is up to you, I used the gorgeous black with specks of green from VIVO's Be-Dazzled Trio. Blend out the pencil with this black, you might want to apply a medium, matte brown first to make blending above the crease a little easier.


Take a silver eyeshadow (I used the lightest silver from Sleek's Graphite Palette) and apply this to the inner corner of the eye.


Intensify the green on the eyelid with a bright, apple green, I used one from a Beauty UK palette.


Apply a natural highlight, try to avoid shimmer unless you want to look like a glitterball... Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention to this rule...


Line the waterline with a black eyeshadow or eyeliner and line the upper lashline with a gel or cream eyeliner, don't wing it out.


Curl the lashes and apply any mascara on both the upper and lower lashes. 

Pair with a dusky pink blush and berry lips and you're done!

Are you a gamer? x



In the meantime, this is what my cat does all day while her sister is out hunting...


1 comment: