Sunday, 16 October 2011

FOTD: Mysterious Meadows

Okay, so this isn't the nail polish post that I promised you but my nails are in terrible condition right now so you probably don't want to see them.
Back to this post, a few days ago I went to Swansea with my mum who was looking for her perfect TrollBead. Which she didn't get in the end, she found a better one by LoveLinks (If you don't know what I'm talking about  check out my mum's blog post about these style beads... http://thelastkrystallos.blogspot.com/2011/01/pandoras-treasures.html)

Gosh... I'm trailing off again, this is what lack of sleep does to me! Anyhow, while in Swansea I popped into their Superdrug to take a look at the MUA Pro range (The Superdrug in my small town doesn't stock MUA Cosmetics, much to my dismay) So while I was there I picked up the Heaven and Earth Eyeshadow Palette which I've been after for a while, and I got the Trio Eyeshadow in Eden.














Lets begin with the Trio Eyeshadow in Eden, it contains three eyeshadows (as the name suggests...) in gorgeous shades of Khaki green, they're all shimmery but that doesn't bother me... In my opinion I can get away with all shimmer, other people might not agree but it's my face. It has an adorable little applicator in it that's just over an inch long, I won't use it unless it's an emergency but one end is like a pointed liner applicator so it'll probably be handy at some point. Unfortunately I can't tell you how many grams of product is in here because it doesn't tell me but it's only £2.50.






These shadows are brilliantly pigmented and I'm pretty sure they'll last a while, the packaging is secure if a little bulky because of the domed shape of the eyeshadows.


Next comes the Heaven and Earth palette, this has been spoken about a lot in the beauty blogging world often compared with Urban Decay's Naked Palette. I can't compare these two products because I can't justify spending £30 on an eyeshadow palette... This was only £4 for 12 shadows containing 0.8g each which is brilliant by any standards.

This palette contains 12 gorgeously pigmented neutral shadows. There are cool toned and warm toned browns which is great for your quick, simple brown smokey eye. There are several great highights, the only shadow in here that I was totally disappointed in was the gold, the third shade across in the top row, I was expecting something stunning, similar to the gold in the Sleek Storm iDivine Palette, but it just didn't pay off... Everything else on the other hand was brilliant!

This palette may not be to everyone's taste because there are no matt shades in here, I would've liked a matt highlight shade but then amazing matt shades that aren't too chalky seem difficult to formulate, I don't see many around... But I'll cope.


So on to the look I did with these two palettes, I used the first shade on the top row on my eyelid, the fifth shade on the bottom row in my crease and the fifth shade on the top row to deepen and define the crease and just a little bit on the upper lashline. And I used the first shade on my browbone and inner corner as a highlight. Then I took the darkest green from the Eden Trio on my upper lashline and into the crease and the outer corner of my lower lashline as a bit of definition.

 




Products used in FOTD:


Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 Light Vanilla £9.99
Collection 2000 Pressed Powder in Ivory £2.99
L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mineral Blush
MUA Professional Eyeshadow Trio in Eden £2.50
MUA Professional Eyeshadow Palette in Heaven and Earth £4.00
Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown £2.99
ELF Studio Cream Liner in Purple £3.50
Eyeko Big Eyes Mascara £15.00
Collection 2000 Cream Puff in Fairy Cake £2.99



Have you ever tried the new MUA Professional Range? x

Where can I find it? Most Superdrug stores or http://www.superdrug.com
How much product? Trio: Unknown, Palette: 9.5g (0.8g each)
How much? Trio: £2.50, Palette: £4.00
Disclaimer: I paid for these products myself and these opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any company.

No comments:

Post a Comment