Tuesday, 23 August 2011

FOTD: Egyptian Rose

So, I think this is my first real FOTD... I designed this look to wear to an Egyptian themed dance this weekend. The dance isn't fancy dress at all it's just formal, but me being me wanted to play around and create a subtly Egyptian themed eye to wear with my simple black dress. You'll notice right away that it's not BOOM Egypt! But I used gold and purples and a bit of a playful wing design to hint at the theme.


It's pretty simple really, I used the gold from my Sleek Storm palette on the entire lid, and the two purples from the Sleek Acid palette in the crease. My brow highlight is the matte white from my trusty ELF Encyclopedia (Which I would depot if I could find a nice, cheep palette). The eyeliner is my ELF Cream Eyeliner in Black, I used Eyeko's Big Eyes Mascara on my lashes and defined my brows with Rimmel's Professional Brow Definer.




Here's what I used:
Products used in FOTD: 

Eyeko Cream £8.95
The Eyeko Lip Gloss in Portbello is one of my favourite lip glosses, it's a pale natural pink with a gold shimmer running through it, perfect for an Egyptian look!


The Eyeko Cream, this is brilliant. It looks very similar to Benefit's High Beam but with more of a gold shimmer, it's got a very thick consistancy and a little goes a long way. For only £8.95 it's worth it and will last you forever!

Anyway, back to what you're here for, the makeup...


I hope you liked this subtle Egyptian Rose FOTD...

What colours do you think of when you think Egypt? x

Disclaimer: I paid for these products myself* and these opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any company.

*With the exception of the Eyeko Lip Gloss and the Eyeko Cream which I won in a contest. The opinions are totally honest.

3 comments:

  1. this is so pretty. love the colours you used and the eyeliner detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and the little dots!! :)

    ReplyDelete