Monday, 4 July 2011

FOTD: Ring a Ring o'Roses, a pocketful of Posies...

I probably won't be posting many NOTDs at the moment because I managed to break most of my nails and now they're all short and not ideal for showcasing gorgeous nail polish... So we'll wait a little.

July's issue of Glamour Magazine came with a free 4ml Benefit High Beam, PosieTint or BeneTint worth £28 together. I think this is the issue on the shelves, though you'll be lucky to find one... I'm sorry I didn't do this post sooner... But you can still purchase the full size 12ml bottle from Benefit, and there are lots of these sample products on eBay.

Naturally, me being the budget hunter I am, I got all of them since it's cheaper to buy three magazines for £6 than pay £28 for the three products. Three identical magazines with three different free gifts. Of course the cashier didn't notice the different gifts and gave me a funny look for buying three identical magazines...

Benefit PosieTint
and
Benefit BeneTint
and
Benefit High Beam


Essentially these are cheek and lip stains, stain is a term used loosely if you have oily skin. On my very dry skin they last about half a day on a warm day. But I do love them... They all have brushes attached inside the lid, much like a nail polish and I apply PosieTint and Benetint with three stripes on my cheek and blend with my fingertips, High Beam only needs a dot of product. 

Benefit PosieTint


This is by far my favourite of the products, the poppy pink tint suits my pale skin tone much better than the BeneTint. This has a creamy, gel formula which doesn't dry as fast as BeneTint and therefore is easier to use. It doesn't dry out my skin and adds a beautiful, buildable amount of colour in my cheeks. I don't use any of these products on my lips because I don't really like products on my lips but PosieTint is my go-to product to make myself look more awake. I use it everyday in my beauty regime. 

Benefit BeneTint


BeneTint is a rose tinted lip and cheek stain, it's a liquid formula which dries very, very fast so you need to blend it quickly or it'll be streaky. The colour of this doesn't work very well for my pale skin tone but it has a gorgeous scent of roses... Which is a plus. :)

Benefit High Beam


This isn't really a lip and cheek stain, it's a liquid gel highlighter and it's beautiful. You only need a hint of this on your skin and as you blend it out you'll see a stunning sheen. I use this on my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose. 

Onto swatches and FOTD...
I can honestly say, tints are not very easy to photograph... hence the word 'tint'. But I tried my best...



Products used in FOTD:

ELF Tone Correcting Concealer
ELF Studio Translucent Powder
Benefit PosieTint

Benefit PosieTint Ingredients:
Water, Ethylhexyl stearate, Butylene, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Squalane, Polysorbate 60, Titanium Dioxide, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides, CI 45410.
Benefit BeneTint Ingredients:
Water, Rose Water, Glycerin, Quaternium-15, Carmine.
Benefit High Beam Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Sesame Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Lanolate, Stearic Acid, Safflower Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Corn Starch, Triethanolamine, Oleth-20, Sorbitan Stearate, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cellulose Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, BHA. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Silica.

Have you ever used a cheek tint product? What did you think? x

How much product? 12.5ml (Full Size) 4ml (Glamour Size) 2.5ml (Sample Size)
How much? £24.50 (Full Size BeneTint or PosieTint) £18.50 (Full Size High Beam)
Disclaimer: I paid for these products myself and these opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any company.

3 comments:

  1. Must say the Posie looks good.

    My problem is COVERING up my high colour rather than adding to it. I even got NARS Orgasm in the GlossyBox but it just melted into my skin. Pointless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got all 3 of them too and the cashier (older guy) cracked some joke (not mean, because we were joking about something right before) so I totally went into I'm-a-beauty-blogger-on-a-budget mode and told him that these cost arm and leg full size, to which he replied that he knows, one of the employees got all 3 of them too and told him all about it LOL. It was funny and made my day :)

    I'm surprised that they last only half a day on you. I have normal skin and they last the whole day on me! Or maybe I need to check my makeup at the end of the day.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not able to view this website correctly on opera I feel there's a downside

    My page: how to increase chances of getting pregnant

    ReplyDelete