Sunday, 26 June 2011

NOTD: Kingfisher Shimmer

We went to Asda Living yesterday trying to find my brother a new suit for church, you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find a decent quality suit for a skinny fifteen year old... Anyhow, I'd heard about George nail polishes before so while the rest of my family were searching for suits I went to the make up counters to look for this nail polish. They have a huge range of shades and they were reduced to £1, I think they're usually £1.75, so I bought two shades of purple with a blue duo chrome, or the other way round...

George Quick Dry Nail Varnish in 10 Indigo Dazzle
and
George Quick Dry Nail Varnish in 22 Ultra Violet


Indigo Dazzle is on my ring finger and thumb nail and Ultra Violet is on my index finger, middle finger and pinky nail... Sorry to make it slightly confusing but my nails can't deal with too much change in their weak state and I wanted to review and swatch both shades, I hope you don't mind. :)


Unfortunately I really need to improve my nail polish photography skills and you can't really see the duo chrome very well... but the Indigo Dazzle is a dark, almost navy blue with a stunning violet shimmer running through it... Indigo I guess... 
This shade only took two coats for perfect opacity but a little bird tells me that dark polishes from George absolutely need a base coat or they will stain your nails, so I'd do that.  


The Ultra Violet shade is a lilac nail polish with a sky blue duo chrome. The bottle tells me that the polish is 'quick dry' I wouldn't say it was slow drying but I wouldn't agree that's it above average... However that may be my fault using very thick layers because I'm impatient... Ultra Violet needs about five coats for full opacity, it's a very sheer nail polish, but the final result is worth it!





Would you buy cheep nail polish in the hope it's good quality? x

Where can I find it? Your local Asda or http://bit.ly/indigodazzle http://bit.ly/ultrageorge
How much product? 5ml
How much? £1.00 during rollover, about £1.75 at normal price...
Disclaimer: I paid for these products myself and these opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment