Wednesday, 22 June 2011

NOTD: Holographic Rainbows

Ever since I read the hype over the Gosh Holographic nail polish I've wanted it. Unfortunately during the hype I had no money and when I did come into money the product had been discontinued... Discontinued! Seriously, why do they do that?

Anyhow, I fell in love with the pictures I saw of the polish and have been searching for it since. I don't think they ever got any in stock in my branch of Superdrug, I never saw it, even during the hype... But I might be wrong... I went to Swansea a few days ago to look at the new MUA Pro range (MUA isn't sold in my branch of Superdrug either) All of the MUA had sold out but as I was wondering out of the shop depressed, lo and behold there was a lonely little bottle of Gosh Holo sitting in the Gosh stand. The bottle was not clean, it had other nail polish all over it and it was disgustingly sticky as if they'd found it at the bottom of an abandoned box in the back room... But I was desperate so I paid the £4.99 for it and I don't regret it...

GOSH Nail Lacquer in 549 Holographic


I can honestly say that this nail polish is the most difficult nail polish to photograph so I apologise that these photos don't do the nail polish justice... As a lot of beauty bloggers have said, this nail polish is far from a dream to work with, the first coat looks awful and if you try to fix the patchy bits while it's wet you'll end up with blank patches! It's worth it though, once you reach the third coat you see the magic but I'd recommend four coats. It sounds like a bit of an ordeal but the holographic finish is beautiful! 

I've heard that this polish needs a top coat but it really takes away from the lustre so I applied a top coat and then a final coat of the holographic polish on top of that. I don't know if this is a bad thing to do in the world of manicures but it works for me...


As you'll see in the photos, this nail polish looks very different in different lights. The beautiful holographic rainbow effect looks a lot better in artificial light, it is visible in daylight but not so much.





Excuse the messed up thumb nail...



What do you think? Was it worth the hype? x

Where can I find it? Since it's been discontinued, I can only find it on eBay, or perhaps by luck in Superdrug like I did...
How much product? 8ml
How much? £4.99
Disclaimer: I paid for this product myself and these opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any company.

No comments:

Post a Comment