Wednesday, 29 June 2011

EOTD: Creamy Butter Shadow

Before we begin, yes I am aware that my eyebrows are in dire need of tweasing...

Anyhow, a day or two ago ELF Cosmetics UK decided to launch a 50% off EVERYTHING code with orders over £25 (SUMMER50) this ends midnight tonight (29/06/2011) which I took full advantage of and picked up several things which arrived this morning, I honestly almost hugged the postman!


One thing I'm very impressed with were the Duo Cream Eyeshadows, I'd read several bad reviews on these, but since I'd only be paying 75p each I thought I'd chance them....

ELF Duo Cream Eyeshadow in Butter Pecan
and 
ELF Duo Cream Eyeshadow in Coffee & Cream 



These shadows are really pretty, Butter Pecan has a bronze/copper shade, it's sorta in between the two, and a buttery peach shade.
Coffee & Cream has Creamy dark brown and a white with a gorgeous gold shimmer. 
Since they're from the regular £1.50 line rather than the studio line I wasn't expecting much, but the these duos are amazing! The packaging is small, about 4.5cm diameter so its the perfect size to pop in your handbag for touch ups on the go, and the lid screws on so it's not going to fall off or flip open in your bag which my make up tends to do... The transparent lid is great, you can see the shadow at a glance and it's not some annoying sticker that's not quite the exact colour. The packaging seems pretty sturdy, I'd feel safe putting it in my bag and who knows how much rubbish is in there! 

Let's take a look at Butter Pecan, my personal favourite...


I went for the two most neutral duos since I'm currently on a bit of a "fresh faced" thing for the warm weather, I'm lusting after the Urban Decay Naked Palette (Which I'll never own because I just don't have that much money) but I'll probably settle for the new MUA Pro Heaven and Earth Palette which is only £4 and really pretty... 

Anyway, back to the point, I prefer to apply this with clean fingers I think it works better than a brush but that's totally up to you, I can't really tell you any more than the swatches can... So on with the swatches!






Next we have the Coffee & Cream duo, I honestly want to call it Cookies and Cream... It reminds me of Oreos...


The white in this isn't just any old, boring, plain white... This white has a beautiful gold shimmer running though it... Like sugar... 
I think you could use the white shade as a subtle highlight along your cheekbone, but It might be too shimmery...

Unfortunately my camera couldn't really pick up the shimmer so you'll have to buy the product yourself to see! 


In the following EOTD I used the buttery peach shade in Butter Pecan on the outer third of my eyelid and the darker bronze shade to define my crease, I used the white shade from Coffee & Cream on the inner two thirds of my eyelid and to highlight my inner corner and my browbone. I didn't use a primer for this but I did use the same shades from the ELF Everyday Eyes Beauty Encyclopedia to set the cream shadow. This lasted nine hours easily with minimal creasing and no fading.. Impressed?

















Products used in EOTD:

ELF Duo Cream Eyeshadow in Butter Pecan
ELF Duo Cream Eyeshadow in Coffee & Cream
ELF Everyday Eyes Beauty Encyclopedia
ELF Studio Cream Eyeliner in Purple
Eyeko Big Eyes Mascara

Ingredients:
Isopropyl Palmitate, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Ceresin Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Mica, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT.
May contain:
Iron Oxides (Cl77491, Cl77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

What's your favourite £1.50 ELF product? x

How much product? 3g
How much? £1.50
Disclaimer: I paid for these products for myself and these opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any company.

1 comment: