Tuesday, 28 June 2011

EOTD: Blue Jeans

I want to slowly ease myself into doing reviews for something other than nail polish, I have a bunch of make up products that I love and I thought you might like to know... Would you like me to do make up reviews or should I stick to nail polishes?
Anyhow, this review is for an Eyeko Eye Beauty 5 in 1 Eyeshadow Cake... They could've chosen a shorter name... Unfortunately this product seems to have been discontinued by Eyeko, but you can still find it else where. After hearing good things about Eyeko's Graffiti Eyeliner when I saw this along with some other Eyeko products in my local Superdrug being sold for £1 each, I had to try it!


Eyeko Eye Beauty 5 in 1 Eyeshadow Cake in Cool Eyes


This palette comes in such an adorable tin, it's lightweight and relatively small so it fits nicely in your handbag for touch ups throughout the day, one of the downsides of this product is the smell... It sort of smells like grandmas or talcum powder. Considering the second ingredient is Talc, it's probably that. The main ingredient is Mica which is a natural shimmer particle, a lot of people think it's dangerous to use cosmetic products containing Mica but the small amount in these products isn't hazardous to your heath. 
The colours in this are charcoal greys, a navy blue, purple haze and a white, it's super pretty on green eyes.


As you can see, to get the full vibrancy of the colours you need a primer, in these photos I'm using ELF's Eyelid Primer. These shadows seem to crease a little, not much, but a primer really helps prevent this for a bit longer.

You get 12g of product which isn't bad at all, the colours are vibrant and relatively long lasting, I find they're easier to apply with a brush (I used the ELF Eye Blending Brush) but you do get a fair amount of fallout if you're not careful. 

One of it's ingredients is Jojoba Oil which is known for its anti aging skin benefits, I don't know if the effects are there in this product but it's there and it's good for you. 

I've done an EOTD for you so that you can see how well it brings out green eyes even with just a subtle smokiness. I apologise for the dryish skin, I've been testing out a new primer and I don't think it's working for me... 




Products used in EOTD:

ELF Eyelid Primer
Eyeko Eye Beauty 5 in 1 Eyeshadow Cake in Cool Eyes
Eyeko Big Eyes Mascara

Ingredients:
Mica, Takc, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Jojoba Oil, Octylpalmotate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Chloroxylenol.
May contain:
Cl 77891 (Titanium Oxide), Cl 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), Cl 77491 (Iron Oxide Red), Cl 77499 (Iron Oxide Black), Cl 77742 (Manganese Violet), Cl 77007 (Ultramarines), Cl 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), Cl 75470 (Carmine), Polyethylene Terephthalate.

What's you favourite Eyeko product? x

Where can I find it? Your local Superdrug may have it, but you can find it here at the moment.
How much product? 12g 
How much? £5.00
Disclaimer: I paid for these products myself and these opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any company.

2 comments:

  1. yay for makeup products reviews and swatches. this is a cute tin :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your statements.And you can have a good see in true religion jeans.welcome to true religion jeans outlet!

    ReplyDelete