Friday, 25 February 2011

Review: ELF Cosmetics

I've ordered from ELF twice so far, and I've been absolutely impressed by their products! They're both high quality and low price and they only take a day to get to me! Perfect for someone as impatient as myself!

So here's what I thought:

ELF Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Sunkissed

I decided to buy this after hearing Bubzbeauty on Youtube talking about it. I'd been looking for a bronzer that would suit my skin tone. There are so many in the drugstores around where I live that are either way too dark or way too orange and since I have quite pale skin which actually has more yellowy tones than orange or pink none of those would work!
This product by ELF is perfect! It's not too orange or dark, and thankfully it's actually quite sheer and buildable which is perfect for me. At £1.50 nobody can complain, so I thought I'd try it out to see what I thought, and it's perfect for me!


ELF Eyelid Primer
Eyelid Primer
I'd been looking for a low price eyelid primer for a while, Urban Decay's primer potion seemed to be the most popular but upon looking at the price I realised I'd never justify spending so much on that. When I found this product I jumped at it, once again at £1.50 I couldn't turn it down! Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised at receiving the product, it work's so well! The day it arrived I had a party on in the evening so that was to become it's test of quality and I'm happy to say that by the end of the evening without any touch-ups, my makeup was still as perfect as it was when I applied it.


ELF Studio Makeup Mist & Set
Studio Makeup Mist & Set
This is fractionally more expensive than the other products I've mentioned as it's a Studio product, but at £3.50 it's still amazing value! This also underwent the test that the Eyelid Primer did and succeeded so I'm so happy with this product! You only need to use a little so this 60ml bottle will last forever! I've heard of people spraying hairspray on their faces to keep makeup in place but that is so damaging to skin I can't imagine doing so, but for only £3.50 you needn't risk it!


ELF Earth and Water Mascara Duo
Earth & Water Mascara Duo

Once again, a steal of £1.50 this mascara is so handy but not only is it a regular and a waterproof mascara in one, but it's a really good mascara! It both lengthens and thickens my lashes and it lasts all day! There's not much more I can say about this product! It's brilliant!


ELF Nail Polish in Mint Cream
Mint Cream

In real life this colour is the colour of the inside of an Aero chocolate bar... It's so pretty! It applies quite sheer so you definitely need at least two coats, but the colour's so pretty it's worth it! This £1.50 nail polish has impressed me so much that I will definitely be purchasing more!


ELF Studio Powder Brush
Powder Brush

This £3.50 Studio brush is so soft! It's amazing! Once I took it out of the packet I spent the next five minutes stroking it! I've been using this to apply my pressed powder and bronzer and for me it works great! I've been told that it's not so good with Mineral powders but I don't have any so I can't test that out for you... But I love it!


So my second order:


ELF Blending Eye Brush
Blending Eye Brush


I got this because I need one. I wasn't expecting much, I don't know why... But I was so pleased with it! It's the right texture, not too harsh and not too soft. It's sturdy enough to blend effectively, and the bristles stay well in place, once again £1.50 is an amazing price!




ELF Liner Brush
Eyeliner Brush


I wasn't sure about this brush, I wanted an angled brush but actually I really like this, it's a great width so I can  get a pretty perfect line and it's really sturdy so that's great! £1.50 for a high quality brush is a steal!



ELF Tone Correcting Concealer in Ivory
Tone Correcting Concealer


This surprised me, this £1.50 concealer is a perfect consistency, the perfect shade and it smells like orange fondant! It smells so damn good! Anyhow, you have to get this, even if you don't need it, get it because it's cheep and smells divine!




ELF Natural Radiance Blusher in Innocence
Natural Radiance Blusher
£1.50 again, this is a sheer blush which is great for me, I don't want to look like a doll! This gives the perfect sheer innocent cheeks, I love it! I love the way it opens too! (Clearly I'm a sucker for gimmicks...)




ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Plum
Waterproof Eyeliner Pen


This is the single product I'm not entirely impressed by... I ordered the plum shade, but there is genuinely no difference between this and black! But I can deal with that, I don't mind black liners. It stays all day and it's easy to apply but the claim of being waterproof doesn't seem to be true in my case. In the end though, it's a good liquid liner pen and at £1.50 I really can't complain!




ELF Nail Polish in Metal Madness 
Metal Madness


This is stunning! You can't see in any picture how stunning this is. It's a lovely dark silver... more of a pewter shade... but it has flecks of red and green and loads of other colours in it that sparkle in the light! It's so pretty! And again, £1.50, wow.




ELF Nail Polish in Innocent
Innocent


The picture for this is deceptive... This is actually a gorgeous pale pink, nude shade. This was only £1 so seriously, you can't refuse!
It's a really pretty, sort of... vintage shade if that makes sense...?


Anyhow. That's my review of ELF Cosmetics. All in all I'm seriously impressed and will definately be ordering from them again!!

Don't forget to check out their website: http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/index.htm
Any check out my Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/BekahCat?feature=mhum

Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. hey :) I'm a subscriber on your youtube. I was contemplating buying 'Urban Decay Primer Potion' but, like yourself, i can't bring myself to spend that much money! haha - and i havent heard of any cheaper alternatives until reading your review, so I will definitely be looking in to buy the elf primer! I haven't tried any Elf products before, but I'm so tempted too now. haha. great review! I will be looking out for more in the future :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smell of the Concealer is so amazing...I might steal it! And I love the Metal Madness polish. ♥

    ReplyDelete